Why I choose Gridsome as My Static Site Generator?
Gridsome is a VueJS powered, modern site generator for building the fastest possible websites for any Headless CMS, APIs or Markdown-files. It is highly inspired by Gatsby which is based on React. There are many features which are built into this project that makes a developer life much easier and more productive.
Requirements And Options
- Local development with hot-reloading - See code changes in real-time.
- Data source plugins - Use to integrate any popular Headless CMSs, APIs or Markdown-files.
- File-based page routing - Quickly create and manage routes with files.
- Centralized data managment - Pull data into a local, unified GraphQL data layer.
- Vue.js for frontend - A lightweight and approachable front-end framework.
- Auto-optimized code - Get code-splitting and asset optimization out-of-the-box.
- Static files generation - Deploy securely to any CDN or static web host.
So after a long research comparing, testing and analysing different VueJS options such as VuePress, I have finally arrived at a decision to build this website on Gridsome considering the easiness and comfort I felt while developing and also experimenting above features that it offersright now. It was really a nice experience to learn and build although there were many hurdles in the development process. But everying time I was able to find a solution or a workaround. That helped to understand more about the Grdisome and its architecture. One major issue was to integrate form as you now probably now there is no backend to this site to process a form submission.
Gridsome provide me a real management power similar to a CMS but in a cost effective way without having to worry about managing a backend. Its future looks promising to me as I am seeing a good increment in its fanbase and users. Even if we search on Google for a VueJS based static site generators, most times this one comes first. community behind this project is working hard to bring latest technologies and features to it. My Kudos to the team.